Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 5 : Famous Last Words

Famous Last Words

After reading many different stories within the past 2 weeks, I really liked the idea of modeling a story after a TV show. I just read a story based on the TV shows, "Days of our Lives" and thought it was very appropriate for the type of story they were telling. I have plenty of favorite reality shows, including the Bachelor, which is currently running. I just don't know how to start off my story and explain to my audience that the scene and setting is a TV show. I guess I think about it too much and complicate things. Many people have heard of or are familiar with many popular TV shows so I think I need to introduce the TV show setting quickly and briefly in order to keep my audience captive and interesting.

Some TV shows I have been considering modeling my storytelling stories in the future after include 

- The Bachelor / The Bachelorette (Probably best suited for drama between a love triangle)
- Grey's Anatomy ( Who doesn't love a McDreamy or McSteamy doctor?!)
- Gossip Girl ( I already did I story based off of this series but was disappointed in my work)
- Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders : Making the Team (Big hair and Big kicks! Definitely more of a competition story setting)
- Deal or No Deal ( An old one but a favorite one! Could be kinda fun modeling a story after opening cases and seeing what the character receives!)
Meredith & Derek 

My goal is too eventually write a story modeled after one of these TV shows and hopefully make it good enough to want to add it to my portfolio! After I read the right story during my Tuesday/Wednesday reading units, I will know if it fits one of the above TV shows. It would be pretty fun to maybe do multiple ones using all of the above TV shows. 


3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! All of those TV shows you mentioned above are great ones and have done so well on television that I think they would provide for a great story as well. I am kind've partial to Greys Anatomy as a choice... I've been watching it on TV for literally the last six years. When it finally ends I think I may cry. But anyways, I would love to read a story inspired by a TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a neat idea. It's important to incorporate your personal interests in your stories, since it makes the stories so much more fun to write. It usually also makes the stories more interesting to read if it was something that you enjoyed writing. I encourage you to go through with this idea and model your next story based on a TV show you love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bailey! This is a super cool idea to become more creative with writing your stories. It was also a good idea to have an idea of each type of story needed to capture the shows. I love Grey’s Anatomy and Gossip Girl so I look forward to reading those stories! Good luck with the rest of your semester and writing!

    ReplyDelete