Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 12 Reading Diary : Alice in Wonderland continued.

Reading Diary B  : Alice in Wonderland 
Source: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (1865).

I love Alice in Wonderland and I love that I get to read the actual stories by Lewis Carroll! I have only seen Disney movie and loved getting to read the stories that the movie was based off of.

I would feel so awkward if I was Alice, arriving at the tea party in the Mad-Tea Party story! The March Hare and the Mad Hatter were pretty rude and had some sly and devious remarks to make to Alice! I wonder why the table was set for more than three people if the Mad Hatter and March Hare didn't want there to be more than three people at their tea party? I'm glad Alice stormed off because the tea party was too much commotion for even me!
I love how the cards call each other by their numbers in the story The Queen's Croquet-Ground!That would be interesting to retell a story and name all the characters odd names or use numbers! The Queen is a firecracker! I could name few people I know that would be furious about colored roses! I loved how strange and different the croquet game is in this story : the use of flamingos for mallets, hedgehogs for balls, and soldiers doing back bends to make arches! So fun! I would love to use this element in my storytelling this week! 
I like how all the characters and parts of the previous chapters make full circle in the Who Stole The Hearts chapter. I was surprised seeing the Mad Hatter as a witness and the white rabbit as the reader. I'm glad the Mad Hatter got away before they caught him to execute him! Why do the Queen and King want everyone executed? That is not good leadership at all! I'm glad Alice woke up in time, but man what strange dream! She must have taken a lot of melatonin to have this peculiar dream! 


Mad Tea Party (By Sir John Tenniel)

No comments:

Post a Comment