Thursday, April 14, 2016

Storytelling Week 12 : Alice in Rap Battle

"That looks terrible," said 5. 

"Well do you have a better idea to try and cover up this mistake?" said 7.

"No," replied 5.

"We don't have much time before the Queen comes. We need to hurry" said 3.
Alice

The cards were working frantically trying to pain the white roses red. The cards were instructed to plant white rose trees in the garden and red rose trees in the courtyard. However, a white rose tree was accidentally planted in the courtyard and the cards were attempting to paint the white roses red in order for the tree to blend in.

"What happens if she Queen notices that this isn't a real red rose tree," asked Alice, who had been curiously watching the cards paint.

"She will say ' OFF WITH THEIR HEADS' and we will be killed!" said 7.

Trumpets started playing in the distance. "THE QUEEN!" yelled the cards! They frantically threw their paint brushes to the side and attempted to blend into the grass.

The Queen of Hearts marched into her courtyard with her soldiers. "What is this!" demanded the Queen. 

"It is a rose tree, just like you asked," said 3.

"This is not RED rose tree! This is a WHITE rose tree that has been painted in order to fool me! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS" screamed the Queen.

Alice interrupted, "Wait! They were just trying to fix their mistake. There must be another way instead of killing them."

Queen of Hearts
"And who are you?"

"Oh, I'm Alice"

"OFF WITH HER HEAD!" 

"Wait! Please! I am only a little girl! Surely we can settle this civilly!"

The Queen pondered for a minute. "Okay, rap battle it is. Me and you in the courtyard. If I win then I get to take you and the cards' heads off. And if you win, you and the cards are safe."

The Queen, her army, Alice, the cards, and all the other animals gathered around the courtyard for the rap battle.

"You're up first, your majesty," said Alice.

The Queen cleared her throat.

Yo Yo Yo
I'm the Queen of Hearts,
I am very smart.
The cards painted the white roses,
And of courses I noticed.
They messed up my tree, how could this be?
For everyone knows that I'm the Queen bee. 

The crowd went wild! Alice grabbed the mic.

Queen bee? What do ya mean?
You definitely don't do the right thing.
Off with their heads!
You want them dead! 
Thats the definition of an airhead!


The courtyard in unison yelled, "OH!!!!" Alice killed it. The Queen had to think on her toes for the next verse.


You're just a little girl who fell down a rabbit hole,
You ate bread that turned you into a troll.
You crashed the tea party with the Mad Hatter,
And you talk to yourself in some kind of chatter.
Then say you're talking to the Cheshire cat, who's that?
I don't know but baby you're kinda WACK!

The courtyard went crazy.

The Cheshire cat is my friend,
Something that you wouldn't be able to comprehend.
 I fell from a rabbit hole into this world,
But I hate it here, it makes me wanna hurl.
You say someone stole your sweet tarts?
That's funny.
Why would anyone eat something that tastes like farts.


***Drops Mic***

The courtyard chanted Alice's name. The cards dog pilled her and hugged her in relief. Alice stared at the Queen, whose face was as white as a ghost.

"Come on cards, lets go home." And Alice and the cards left wonderland.

The End


Author's Note 
I based my story this week of the story, The Queen's Croquet-Ground, from the Alice in Wonderland Unit this week. In the original story, Alice wonders into the Queen of Heart's courtyard and finds cards (playing cards) painting white roses red. They planted the wrong color of roses and if they Queen found out, she would behead them. The Queen did arrive and yelled to her soldiers, "Off with their heads!" After Alice tried arguing with the Queen, the Queen asked Alice to play croquet. This is where I made a spin on the story. Instead of playing croquet, I had the Queen and Alice compete in a rap battle. The rhyming scheme for the raps go AA BB CC. I had the raps contain things from the other chapters in the unit such as the Cheshire Cat, falling down the rabbit hole, stolen sweet tarts, the Mad Hatter's tea party, and beheading the cards for painting the roses. I had Alice "drop mic" after her rap because that is a slang term that many people use and do when they "slay" in a rap battle. I had so much fun writing my story with a new approach! 


Source : Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (1865).

4 comments:

  1. hahaha the rap battle made me actually laugh. I can only imagine Alice and the Queen squaring off in the courtyard. I like how you wrote the story with so much dialogue because it made it feel like you were actually there in the moment. The cards in the story are funny to me because they are so frantic and think painting the tree is a good idea. I think I would try to dig the tree out and throw it away somewhere. Great story overall though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bailey!
    I really enjoyed reading your story this week. I have visited your blog several times, but this was my favorite story by far. It took so much creativity to write the raps. I was really impressed! Also, I think you did a great job maintaining the body of the story but adding to it in an unexpected way. Great work and I hope you have a great rest of your semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bailey! I thought that this story was so fun and that you came up with a really creative way of telling the story! I love that you turned it into a rap. It was really entertaining because it's not something that you'd expect out of Alice in Wonderland! I like that the Queen of Hearts rapped too, it was fun! I love she dropped the mic in the end, because that's how you'd expect a rap battle to finish. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bailey,

    This is an absolute gem of a story you wrote here. It was very well done and a joy to sit down and read. You did a phenomenal job by taking the original source of your story, but turning into a brand new story. I really, really enjoyed your story because it was based off of a rap battle, which is an event that indulge myself in, whether that be with my friends or watching them on YouTube. Anyways, awesome job, and good luck during your Finals!

    ReplyDelete