Friday, March 11, 2016

Week 8 : Reading Plans

Reading Plans for Weeks 9 and 10 - Native American Choices 

For my weeks 9 and 10, I would like to read stories from the American Indian Fairy Tales. The American Indian Fairy Tales include stories about the Child and the Evening Star which sound interesting since I never have really read a story focused mainly around a child. I browsed through the many stories and I think I will really enjoy this unit. Plus, I love reading stories from children's storybooks!  I have also chose to read stories from Native American Marriage Tales for either week 9 or week 10. Obviously the title caught my attention because who doesn't like love stories about marriage? Also, I scrolled through and skim read some of the stories and thought it was so interesting that there were animal brides and even animal husbands! I think this unit will be very fun and investing to read! 
Native American Choices

1 comment:

  1. So I completely forgot to do this assignment which is where your ideas for future readings come in! American Indian Fairy tales sounds pretty interesting to read. I'm a huge fan of fairy tales, even though life will never be a fairy tale. Maybe that's why I'm attracted to all the fantasy in these stories. The child and the evening star sounds super mysterious. Is it about the origins of the sun and moon?

    ReplyDelete